Friday, March 19, 2010

MMDs (Maxes of Mass Destruction)

Grandma put it best today when she said that Max was "all boy". He's at this fun (albeit exhausting) stage right now where I can barely keep up with him. This became even more salient to me when I gave him a bath tonight. To start, I don't give him baths every night because it would probably be the death of me, but I was feeling brave tonight and, with Darreck at work, ventured to get Max clean. He got me soaking wet splashing, kept trying to drink the soapy bathwater, and almost gave me a heart-attack trying to stand on his own- something he still won't try frequently on dry ground. It was a huge, wet wrestling match. After the bath, we went through the normal bedtime routine of: pinning him down to get him into his PJs, reading him a book while he screams and tries to squirm away, and trying to read scriptures and say prayers while he runs amok. That being said, he's the cutest, smartest, most loveable baby in the entire world and I wouldn't trade him for anything. But, I will definitely sleep well tonight.

By the way, I got this cute picture this morning. Darreck and Max took a nap while I was in the shower, and Max woke up right as I walked in to take this picture. Yes, Darreck is in a Snuggie and, yes, I teased him about it unmercifully, just as he would have done had it been me.

No comments:

Post a Comment