Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween: Part 2

We continued with the awesome weekend yesterday, Saturday. Darreck and I had the opportunity to attend the Cardston temple yesterday for the first time since we got married there. Dad and Kayla took Max and, while it was a fast trip up and back, it was wonderful to spend some quality time with my husband. We had a great talk on the car ride up and back, and I loved being back in the temple, our temple, with him again. It was beautiful.

When we got home, we turned right around, donned 1950s outfits, and went to a Halloween party. Our friends had the inspired idea to host an adults-only party and, after attending a string of toddler birthday parties, it was a welcome change. We were so tired after the long day in the car, it was hard to find the motivation to go, but it was so worth the trip once we got our butts in the car. So many things work that way; seem like more trouble than they're worth until you actually go. At least, I feel that way about some social functions (sad but true!). Anyways, the party was great, and I'm thinking about hosting a Christmas one at our house. Parents need play dates too!

No comments:

Post a Comment