First things first- we finally got some fish in our new tank, and this is where the boys spent a large portion of yesterday. They love it!
Most of our Valentine's Day was pretty low-key. I wish I was the type of mom who made heart-shaped pancakes and decorated the entire house, but I never even think about it. With the exception of Christmas, I'm pretty low-key when it comes to the holidays. Sorry boys! However, when Darreck got home from work, we dropped the boys off at Cody and Mandy Lowe's house and went to the bi-stake dinner and dance. Normally a big, huge gathering wouldn't really be our thing, but it was a free meal and it was fun to see some friends. The food was okay, the speaker went on way to long, and we had to leave before the dancing started, but we still had a good time. The conversation was good, and I got to spend some time with my honey. It's hard to party too hearty when your night has to end at 8:30. Getting the boys to bed is the priority at this stage in our lives. There will be many more years with candlelight dinners for two.
No comments:
Post a Comment