Saturday, October 25, 2014

Jack-O-Lantern Carving


Today was the day- our annual carving party! Mom and dad, along with Kayla, took off to Hawaii, and Grandma-Great is recovering from her total knee replacement, so we've been on our own this week. Darreck, the boys, and I went and picked out pumpkins Wednesday night, but we waited until this morning to carve them. It's a lengthy process with Darreck. He does not believe in two eyes, a nose, and a snaggle-tooth mouth. These pumpkins must be works of art, which I love in hindsight but it drives me batty that day. These things take hours, and the boys lose interest after the first twenty minutes. But it makes Darreck happy, and that's worth a lot to all of us.
As per usual, we put on the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas and went to town. Darreck's creation this year is Darth Vadar, with a huge shout-out to Max. Luke and I tackled a ghost/monster/pumpkin triad. They turned out super cute, and the boys loved it. Well, except for Jack. He didn't appreciate being ignored for that long. Give him a few years and he'll come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment