Saturday, January 31, 2015

Lukey's Half Birthday

Yes, I am two days late writing about Luke's half birthday. It's been a long week, and I'm glad to have it over. However, I'm really glad we got a few minutes this week to celebrate our lovable little man. This past 2-1/2 years has gone so fast, and it's certainly been a bumpy ride. I finally feel like we're in a pretty good place health wise with Luke, and he's starting to talk more and more. It's been fascinating this past month finally hearing what's going on in that head of his. I'm so proud of him for all the work he's been doing in speech therapy!
However, let's not forget the fact that Luke is two. I would hate to paint this with completely rose tinted glasses. He's also a master mess maker, and his favorite word is no. It's like he figured out all of sudden that he doesn't have to do what we say. Now it's up to us to correct that fallacy. I have my days where I wish our kids could skip from 2 to 4, but I guess you take the bad with the good in parenting. If push really came to shove, I wouldn't actually wish away any stage in our kids' lives. When he's not being a pain in the butt, Luke is a sweet little boy. I love cuddling up and reading books with the little man. I wouldn't trade those moments for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment