That being said, yesterday was pretty tolerable. We started off the morning at our ward pancake breakfast, where the food was atrocious but the company was good. After that, we checked out the parade and got to see Kayla march in the band. It was hot and the guns from the Lewis and Clark reenactors were loud, but it was a pretty typical Great Falls parade- short on floats, long on military vehicles. We followed up the parade with lunch at my parent's house, which as I previously mentioned, was the highlight.
Following nap, Darreck and Max went with my family to a baseball game. Unfortunately, we don't feel comfortable taking Luke to the stadium because of the peanut shells everywhere, and our caution turned out to be very prudent. Luke had a pretty nasty hive outbreak today complete with swollen face because of Max's clothes from the baseball game. Apparently, the residue on Max's clothes was enough to cause trouble. I'm just thankful he wasn't at the game.
Everyone kept asking if I minded staying behind and minding the two little boys, but I was perfectly content to let everyone else burn through thousands of dollars of fireworks and end up in the emergency room. Independence Day is the ultimate redneck holiday, and I am about as far from redneck as you can possibly get. And proud of it. So, today I'm celebrating the 5th of July. The nice calm, quiet, relaxing 5th of July.
No comments:
Post a Comment