Sunday, September 27, 2015

Good Birthday. Bad Church. Cool Eclipse.

We're back to massive updates, apparently. Life is crazy busy right now. I'm back to teaching lessons, Darreck is working tons, and Max is in full school mode. It's cool and chaotic and awesome. Life is really awesome.

My birthday was a week and a half ago, and I seriously forgot to blog about it because it was pretty much a non-event. It was a Wednesday, so Darreck worked all day and I taught all evening. I did have friends over for a playgroup in the morning, which was cool. We also squeezed in cake and presents in between lessons and bedtime. The boys spoiled me, as usual, and my parents got me a cool new blender, which I've been using nonstop since then. We did go out to dinner on Friday for a belated celebration, and that was surprisingly relaxing for having all three boys there. I'll take it!

Onward to today, which was a total disaster at church. First, Darreck went to a choir practice that was canceled. That should have been a sign of things to come. During Sacrament meeting, Jack was a little bear. He normally naps at 10, so ten o'clock church is somewhat of a challenge. Today, no matter what we did, he wouldn't calm down, so Darreck finally took him home to sleep in his own bed. I'm pretty sure he's sick or teething or something. Then the Luke poop drama started. Darreck took Jack home in our car, so when Luke pooped his pants, I had to have my mom take him home to get new pants and shoes. That was fine until he pooped, yet again, only 20 minutes after he got back to church. I was in the middle of teaching my Sunday school class, so he was passed off to Grandma again. She deserves sainthood after today.

Luckily, after our bad run at church, we had a great remainder of the day, and we even got to watch a full blood moon eclipse. I wish I had thought to pull out the tripod and take some good pictures, but I didn't think ahead enough. It's seriously amazing! So completely cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment