We had a great Thanksgiving this year, minus the boys' overall craziness. Darreck had the entire week off, and Max was off Wednesday through Sunday. We took it pretty easy Tuesday and Wednesday, thanks in large part to a snow storm. Thursday we spent the morning at Hale's house- they already celebrated Thanksgiving earlier in the week when Tim was home. After nap, we headed over to my parents for dinner with our family and the Johnsons. This year I contributed cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, and apple pie, thank you very much. The whole dinner was good, and the boys did great. After we put the boys to bed, Gram came and sat with them while Darreck and I went shopping. I'm usually opposed to shopping on Thanksgiving, but my moral misgivings are eclipsed by my desire to spend kid-free time with my husband. It was fun and crazy.
The shopping craziness continued on Friday. I went out in the morning with my sister and mom, and we were later joined by my dad. We ate breakfast then I rejoined my boys for even more shopping. On the bright side, all our Christmas shopping is done! Woo-hoo!
Some of my favorite moments this past week had nothing to do with major holiday events. Max is really into games right now, so we spent many hours playing chess and Life. He's actually getting pretty good at chess, especially for a six year old. We also watched a lot of family movies, which is pretty much Luke's favorite pass time. I also took the time to put away yet another size of Jack clothes. It's always a little bitter sweet, but I'm glad he's growing up healthy.
Luke also went to a movie with Darreck on Saturday as a reward for potty training. It was his first movie, and he did great! They saw The Good Dinosaur, and ate their fill of candy, pop, and popcorn. In fact, Luke calls the movie theater the "popcorn store". Too cute! It was a great end to a great week.
And... a few pictures of my sister from prom! She asked a friend from the other high school and attended the dance with a large group of friends. I helped her pick out her dress, and I did her makeup for her. She had a great time, and I'm a very proud big sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment