Sunday, April 10, 2016

Baseball and Boogers

It was a beautiful week. Seriously, I think heaven has weather like this all the time (or at least I sincerely hope). Spring in the Hale house reliably brings two things: baseball and allergies.

First off, Luke's allergies. We made our first emergency doctor's visit this week, and while that sounds bad, it's actually a success for Luke to go four whole months without seeing a doctor. Unfortunately, the spring weather brought on a rash that was impervious to our usual treatment regime. We've resisted using steroids for years now, but we finally caved this week and put him on a short course of prednisolone. It's not ideal, and it brought up whether we want to do seasonal steroids or start allergy shots sooner than intended. Let the debate rage. We also switched up his daily maintenance meds because it was apparent anti-histamines are no longer working. We started Cingulair, but that's pretty much a last ditch effort to keep him comfortable. We're slowly sliding the slippery slop to allergy shots.

On a happier note, Max started baseball this week, and he moved up a league this year. His new coach seems fantastic, and we're really optimistic he'll learn a lot this season. I love seeing him back in baseball! It's been too long. All this outside time led to some pretty messy boys this week, and I had to snap a picture of Max's face. This is how boys should look!

No comments:

Post a Comment