What a great weekend! We started off Max's birthday weekend with a birthday party at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was originally supposed to be outside so, like the diligent mom I am, I got sidewalk chalk and bubbles and other outdoor things to do. However, the weather was not cooperating, and the party had to be moved indoors. We still did the bubbles, which was the hit of the party, and also colored and watched Veggietales (the only show Max is even remotely interested in). Max was a little hesitant about the cake. Little guy is like his mommy, not into getting too messy. Gotta love it.
The next morning we opened presents as a family at home. Max's big present from mom and dad was a bike trailer that he got a few weeks ago, but this morning he got a sword (with his birthday money from Grandma and Grandpa Hale), some books, and a froggie puppet.
Dinner was spaghetti, in honor of the birthday boy, and then even more cake. Then the present opening continued with gifts from Grandma Great, Aunt Kay-Kay, and Grandma Linda and Grandpa Bryan. His big present from the Slavik side? An awesome two seater-wagon.
I can't believe how fast this year has gone, but I'm so thankful that Max has been able to join our family. He's such a sweetie, loving, inquisitive boy. It'll be fun to see what the next years bring for Max and for our family.
I can't believe he's already one! Sadly, I don't have official pictures from either of Jackson's birthdays or Owen's birthday because we didn't really do anything, but I'm planning quite the shindig for the big #3 next month :)
ReplyDelete