Friday, May 14, 2010

Summer Job

Darreck has been thinking about getting a part-time summer job in addition to the camps he's working for MSDB. However, he's been a little reluctant to put himself out there and go searching. Job interviews suck, and he's had enough in the last year to last a lifetime. So, I took over the reins and found him one that was willing to hire him on the spot! He's going to be a groundskeeper for the cemetery this summer, and he's actually pretty excited about it. I think he's looking forward to doing some manual labor because it's the exact opposite of his school-year job. It's nice to mix things up every once and awhile.

I'm so proud of him for being willing to support our family by taking a second job in the summer. Luckily, Darreck's "real" job is paid on a 12 month contract, so getting a summer job is not something he technically has to do. However, he has a great work ethic and is always so willing to provide everything we both need and want.

I'm so lucky to have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment