Sunday, August 8, 2010

State Fair

Another year, another fair. I wasn't as excited about fair this year- obviously. The rides make me sick now, and Max is still too young to really enjoy it. However, I ended up eating my words, and some really good food, at the night shows throughout the week.

First things first, I got to judge 4H photography this year, and it was probably the single most defining "I'm an adult now" moment I've had in a long time (probably since having Max, actually...). I loved getting to meet the kids and pull out a critical eye. Total blast, and I really hope they invite me back.

Monday of fair week, we met my family at the fair and watched my sister give her broadcast for 4H. After the work, we sent Darreck and Kay-Kay on the rides and the "adults" (love you, Dee!) went and looked at the exhibits. Max loved the model trains and I fell in love with Caribbean Lime hot wings. Good times.
The Train Exhibit



Darreck with his new, flea-market shades
The ride home. Max was worn out!
Wednesday, Darreck and I finally celebrated our anniversary- yes, six weeks late- and went to the Lifehouse concert. So, so good! They were awesome live and we got to sit with some friends. I've missed going to concerts and staying out past 11 PM. We need to reinstate date night.
Darreck and I before Lifehouse
Thursday was Leann Rimes with the symphony, and I spent most of the day working at the fair. The concert was good, even if I'm not a fan of Leann Rimes. It was kind of funny to see her in sweats and texting between songs during rehearsals. Mostly it was just a long day.

That about sums it up for fair. Another year down, we'll see what happens next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment