Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Eve (Almost)

It seems like all my posts lately are coming in late. Sorry for that, but it's been a wild month around here. New Year's, however, still warrants mentioning. We didn't actually do anything on New Year's Eve, unless you count Darreck waking me up briefly at midnight to kiss me (and I wouldn't count it). However, on December 30th the church hosted a family dance that Darreck and I went to, and we had a lot of fun. What's significant about the story, however, is that we left Max and my parents'  house for his very first sleepover. Darreck and I were both a little nervous about it, until we got to sleep in until 8:30 the next morning. After that I pretty much wanted to make it a monthly ritual. Besides, he did great, slept like a champ, and had a lot of fun. Not entirely sure why I expected otherwise, and I'm even less sure why we didn't do this sooner. It will most assuredly be happening in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment