Thursday, July 26, 2012

Life in Limbo

Not entirely sure what it is about waiting for a baby that throws our life into limbo, but it seems like we've hit the pause button on everything. I'm so reluctant to make plans that everything fun we've done in the past two weeks, and we have had lots of fun, we've decided to do last minute. So...

Okay, so this one really isn't fun. Max got  a massive bug bite on his eyelid a few Saturdays ago and had to go see the doctor. It puffed up so much that he couldn't see out of one eye, but he was still a trooper- until Sunday. Unfortunately, the medicine the doctor prescribed gave him a tummy ache so bad I had to take him home in the middle of church. He was fully recovered by the next day, however.

Last Saturday we went and picked up our bountiful basket, hit farmer's market early, and then made the very, very last minute decision to go on the ward hike. I had given up all thoughts of going, thinking I would be too miserable (there's that pause button again), but I woke up that morning feeling pretty ache and pain free. I'm so glad we went. It was a blast, and the boys really enjoyed getting to have at least one outdoor adventure this summer.

Which leads me to today. Mom and dad bought a boat a few weeks ago, and we've all been anxious to go out and play. However, mom informed me last night that Darreck and I were uninvited because of the persistent contractions I've been having since Monday. She didn't spoil the fun for Max, though; he still got to go along, and boy did he have a good time. All we heard all night was that, "Papa let me drive the boat!!! Papa let me drive the boat!!!"

That really sums up the problem with this whole life in limbo thing- I feel bad for Max. I've been so reluctant to do things that I think he's been bored a lot this past few weeks, poor kid. It has been fun for me, though, to spend so much down time, just Max and me. He gets hyper around a crowd, but around me he can be the most mellow, sweet little guy in the world. He loves to just sit around and talk, helping me with whatever I need to do that day. As much as I love babies, there's nothing to compare to the joy I get from discovering Max's personality. I love that he can talk to me and tell me how he feels about things. He has preferences and likes and dislikes, and he's finally at a point where he can articulate them. The whole thing fascinates me. Hopefully we can continue to find one-on-one time once the baby is born, because I cherish my "big-boy" time with Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment