Okay, so for everything I've missed lately:
The Fourth of July was really, really fun. We woke up ridiculously early for a holiday (I'm not a morning person, at all) to attend our ward flag ceremony and breakfast. It was fun, but the highlight was definitely the candy canon- which does exactly like the name says, it shoots candy out of a canon for kids to chase. Way fun. Then, we went to the parade and had a decent time. Great Falls parades mostly consist of very noisy sirens and Lewis and Clark re-en-actors and military vehicles. We need more bands and floats and less noise, but, hey, it's tradition. Mom and dad had a barbecue over at their house in the afternoon, and even Hales were able to come and join us. It was low-key and relaxing and everything good about the Fourth. Way after bedtime, we set off some small fireworks then watched the city display from our usual spot behind the police station. Other than Kayla trying to take my head off with a flying blooming flower, the night went well. Max love, love, loved the fireworks!!!!
Yesterday at church was a little sad for me- I got released from primary. I know it makes sense with a baby on the way, and I have been in primary for three years now, but I'm really going to miss the kids. I'm still going to be playing organ in sacrament meeting, so that will keep me busy. But still, Sundays won't be the same without the munchkins :(
Today is Kayla's birthday and, if I can ever get Max to take a nap, we will be going to a Voyager's game to celebrate tonight. Should be fun, I might even take pictures. Which leads me to...
I know I should be taking pictures, but I hate pictures of myself pregnant. I know I should have some belly pictures around to commemorate the time, but I don't love remembering myself looking like a beached whale. Maybe we'll take some tonight, probably not, we'll see...
No comments:
Post a Comment