Sunday, November 25, 2012

Decking the Halls and Trimming the Tree

Last night we decked out our house in all our Christmas finery, and it was a blast! We put The Grinch Who Stole Christmas on the laptop, and I made Darreck rearrange all the furniture (including raising a light fixture) and everything looks great :) I love our Christmas decorations and not because they follow some amazing, high-design, should be in a magazine motif. A lot of what we have has been handed down or homemade. Everything on our tree has special significance for all of us, and I hope that our boys grow up to appreciate that.

Decorating the house has always been one of my favorite Christmas traditions. It always seems like the kick-off to the rest of the holiday wonderful-ness. Darreck and I both commented last night that, as kids, decorating the house seemed to take all night and be this big ordeal, but it goes pretty quickly from an adult perspective. I hope our boys are making great memories like we have from our childhood. They deserve some magic in their little lives :)








No comments:

Post a Comment