Monday, January 28, 2013

Honey-Do List

I decided that, since I finished our taxes already, we should treat ourselves with a little present. Kind of a spend some of the money before it gets here kinda thing. Not so sure Darreck loves my idea of a treat :)

We have been doing some minor updating. Over Christmas break we painted the front door red, and the pictures do not do it justice. I love it! We also whitewashed the brick on the fireplace, and it instantly made the living room seem so much bigger. It's one of my favorite projects so far.


In our latest trip to Home Depot, we also bought tile for the bathroom, and Darreck is going to start putting it in tomorrow. If I haven't totally run him off yet, I'm also thinking about making him take the wall dividing our kitchen and dining room down to a half wall. We'll see if I get my way, but we all know I usually do! So far all these projects have been one day, hundred dollar or less projects, and it's amazing the difference they have made. I'm really starting to feel like our house is our own. It also soothes my constant need for things to be changing. Every time Darreck gripes about my latest project, I remind him that it's either home renovation or moving. His attitude usually improves after that :)
In case you were curious, here's the much-needed new faucet. This was a project that I can't believe we lived for 2-1/2 years without doing. Trying to rinse dishes before was ridiculous. This will actually make my life much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment