Monday we celebrated Grandma Necia's birthday following her return from a trip to the East coast. She got to see Philadelphia, New York City, Boston, and Washington DC. I'm a little jealous, and it sounds like she had an amazing time, in spite of having to rush in a few places. I got the honor of making her birthday cake- a coconut lemon tort- and the entire family got together Monday night to celebrate. We're so lucky to have such a great Grandma-Great. The boys absolutely adore her, and they get to spend quite a bit of time with them, lucky little stinkers. She's nice enough to watch them for me every Wednesday while I teach lessons. We just love her to death!!!
Today I got the chance to host my first ever cloth diaper baby shower for a close friend, and it went over really well. We started cloth diapering Max at 2-1/2, and we've been cloth diapering Luke since 3 weeks. It's been such a great fit for our family, and I'm always eager to share my love of cloth with all my friends. Now that I've signed on to be an Imagine brand cloth diaper Advocate, I even get to make a little money from convincing my friends to try out cloth diapers. Win-win situation for everyone involved.
Last but not least, we received our first shipment of food storage food from a company called Shelf Reliance yesterday. One of our financial goes this year was to start our food storage in earnest, and I love this company we're getting food from. It's such a comfort to know that our family is prepared in case of an emergency, job loss, or disability. I also love being in a position to help out others who may be struggling. Just another example of a principle of the gospel that positively impacts our lives.
I'll leave you with some cute new pictures :)
No comments:
Post a Comment