Friday, March 1, 2013

Luke's 7 Month Update

Usually winter is quiet around here, but February flew by and was totally crazy! It's been such a hectic rush, but I'm glad I got the chance to take some pictures of Luke today and reflect on the past 7 months with him in our household.

Here's what the little guy is up to now:

  • His sleeping is sporadic, at best. He's had a very hard time trying to transition to the crib, and he would rather be held during naps then in his own space. Some nights he'll wake up at five times, other nights he'll only wake up twice. I'm very, very ready for him to sleep!
  • He's not totally sold on solids yet. We've been trying to introduce new foods into his diet, but he will only eat applesauce, banana, and oatmeal well. Max inhaled everything in his field of vision, but Luke is much more selective. Probably why he's much smaller than his older brother.
  • He's perfectly content to amuse himself. In terms of babies, Luke is relatively easy to entertain. So long as he's full and well-rested, he can amuse himself with any of his toys, or just his toes, for hours. He is the observant type, and so long as there are people around him, he likes to just sit and take the world in. 
  • He's ADORABLE! Everyone who meets Luke has the same comment- his eyes are huge! And they truly are! He has a full head of light brown hair, beautiful fair skin, and the biggest eyes I've ever seen. Lucky boy also inherited his father's dimples. The only mystery that remains is his eye color. They seem to be turning hazel, but they still have a bluish hue. It's anyone's guess what the final color will be. 
  • He loves being a brother. Luke's favorite person in the world is Max, even though it was the cat last month. He's a little fickle like that. He thinks everything Max does is hilarious, and he'll sit and watch him all day, laughing and laughing. 
I love our sweet baby boy, and our sweet big boy :) We're so lucky to have two wonderful boys who are growing to be loving brothers. Max asks me almost every day when Luke will be big enough to move into his room so they can "share everything". They have their ups and downs, and I'm sure it's bound to get more dramatic as they get older. However, I hope that they can also grow in love and camaraderie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment