Luke went for his 18 month check-up while Max went to his preschool pajama party yesterday. Luke weighed in at 24 pounds and was 32-1/2 inches long, right in the middle of the growth chart for both measurements. In other words, he's practically perfect in every way!
Well... practically. We've been dealing with skin rashes with Luke for some time now, and nothing seems to be helping. We've narrowed it down to some type of allergy, but we're unsure what exactly he's allergic to. After discussing this with the doctor for months, we decided to forgo allergy testing for the time being and focus on treating the symptoms with prescription skin ointment. I still have mixed feelings about the course of treatment. I just don't feel like we've really narrowed in on what the problem is yet, and Luke is the one miserable in the meantime. He's so itchy that he'll scratch until he's bleeding in his sleep. I just want to get this figured out and give him so relief. I feel so bad for him!
Luke also took a tumble down the last few stairs today, so I'm hoping his week improves from this point on. It's hard being little sometimes, but he sure is a trooper about all his difficulties. We sure do love our little monkey!
No comments:
Post a Comment