Thursday, May 15, 2014

Luke's New Toy

Grandma and Papa bought Luke a strider bike a week ago, and he finally got to try it out tonight. Talk about excited! Luke loves getting things that are just for him, which doesn't happen very frequently. I'm so glad that he got something to bring a little joy into his life right now because he could certainly use it. We're still having problems figuring out his allergies, especially now that spring is warming up and his seasonal allergies are kicking in. He's also still not speaking much, so we're trying to figure out the delay in his language and how to help him learn more words. Even though he doesn't speak much, Luke has gotten pretty good at signing, and being able to express himself in some way helps cut back on the squealing he does. That kid can shriek louder than any toddler I've ever heard before. Good thing he's so stinkin' cute!

Not to be left out, Max also had a pretty great day today. His preschool class went on a field trip to the pet store, which is one of his all-time favorite places. They rode the city bus, looked at the animals, and had an awesome time. He's taken to preschool so well, and I wonder how he's going to do this summer without the structure. We have him registered for kindergarten next year, even though we originally planned on homeschooling. He's so ahead academically we're worried about him getting bored and becoming disruptive, not to mention losing some of those hard-earned skills. Truthfully, we're still debating what exactly will be best for him and for the entire family. It seems that no decisions are coming easy right now. Hopefully that will turn around soon.

I'll leave today with a few pictures of the boys; always the best part of these posts. I just cut Max's hair a few days ago, and I can't believe how grown-up he looks!





No comments:

Post a Comment