Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Waaaay Too Many Doctor's Appointments

It's been a long few weeks. Instead of getting a sudden burst of nesting energy, I've been exhausted and worn out non-stop for the last few weeks. I really, really need some nesting energy before this baby comes, especially if we're going to keep dealing with never-ending doctors appointments. Last week both boys got sick and had to see the pediatrician. Then, a few days later, we all got a nasty stomach bug that sent me into a round of contractions the most severe yet.

Yesterday, Luke went in to have tubes placed in both his ears. Luckily, it was a quick and minor surgery, but it was still surgery none the less.  He was a little pro throughout the process, although he definitely let me know afterwards that he wasn't happy with him poking and prodding at him. He screamed the entire time he was in recovery, and I eventually decided to just take him home and hope that seeing daddy would cheer him up. It did! He's such a cute daddy's boy. The surgery was the idea of his allergist/ENT after we met with an audiologist and figured out that the fluid in his ears was causing a 30% hearing loss in both ears. Luke is almost a year delayed in his speech, and we're hoping that the hearing loss is the cause. Now that the tubes are in place, we should start seeing an uptick in his expressive language, or at least that's the theory.

Today I met with my doctor for a checkup and to see if baby had finally decided to turn head down. After weeks of mild worrying, we found out that he is turned the right direction, so I won't have to have a c-section (barring any last minute surprises). I'm also dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced, but he's still pretty high at a +3 station. This is the earliest I've ever been dilated that far, and the doctor seems pretty optimistic he'll be born sooner rather than later. I'm still a little skeptical and expecting a few more weeks of feeling miserable. It'll all be worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment