Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter and Egg Dying


Today is Easter and general conference. While I missed attending church in person today, I'm still so thankful to celebrate this Easter season, and teach the boys the true meaning of the holiday- the miraculous resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We are so thankful for the redeeming atonement made on behalf of all mankind and for us as individual believers. Even more so, we are thankful for the resurrection, and the chance to live again as a family throughout the eternities.


To celebrate, we dyed eggs between conference sessions. Darreck and I are sitting here wondering how coloring eggs relates to Christ's resurrection, but it's fun no matter what. We had a good time with my family this afternoon, but I'm not going to lie- dying eggs with three little boys looks an awful lot like a three ring circus. It was nuts! I also tried out dying eggs with nail polish this year, which was stinky but surprisingly effective. Gotta keep it fresh. Especially when you're talking about eggs. Okay, sorry. That was a bad joke.


Easter dinner was at Grandma-Great's house, and I wore my new dress. Even though we didn't attend church today, I was determined to still look special on Easter. I live in a house with four boys- gotta do what I can to retain my femininity. We had the traditional ham and funeral potatoes along with a lot of fresh veggies and angel food with berries for dessert. Nothing says spring like asparagus and fresh berries. It has me itching for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment