Darreck has tried to get Max to ride his bike without training wheels for a few months now, with very little success. Max inherited my wimpiness, apparently. However, today, now that we're on spring break, Max finally found enough courage to give it a try, and he did very, very well. I'm guessing with a few more sessions over the weekend, he'll be riding completely independently by next week. I'm proud of the little monkey for overcoming his fears and having a ton of fun. He's really enjoying himself, and that's good enough for me!
Above all else, I'm just grateful that we're getting out more now that the weather is nice. We were blessed with a long fall this year, and it also seems that spring is coming early. We're certainly not ruling out another snow storm or two, but there have been enough 60 and 70 degree days to keep us satisfied. Last Friday, after walking to pick Max up from school, I played in the backyard with the boys until well past dinnertime. It was glorious.
No comments:
Post a Comment