Wednesday, September 23, 2009

4 Month Update

Happy Four Month Birthday Mr. Max! Thought you might all want an update, even though his doctor's appointment isn't until tomorrow. Those stats will be forthcoming. Anyways, I would like to say that Max is doing well, but we've had some setbacks these past few weeks. Most of you know that Max has had some digestive problems since he was born, but they have flared up even worse these past few weeks. Unfortunately, he's refluxing again really frequently. I am hoping that changing his medicine dosage tomorrow will help the problem. He is also teething, and he's entered a weird sleep regression. He went from sleeping through the night at his sixth week to waking up anywhere from four to ten times a night. He's tired, we're tired, and that's not helping his other problems. Just like everything else we've gone through with Max, we're trying to stay patient and keep repeating to ourselves that "this too shall pass". We knew that having a baby with colic and GERD would not be an easy road, but he's worth every second of it.

Probably the hardest part of dealing with all the new issues is that we're trying to do it in an apartment. Every noise from our neighbors or the parking lot wakes him up, and I feel bad letting him cry himself to sleep because of all the noise he makes. I still believe in our decision to get our financial house in order before buying a physical house, but some days (or nights) it really tests my patience. Darreck and I keep daydreaming about the days when we'll look back on these days fondly. "Remember when we were young and poor and Max wouldn't sleep? Ah, those were the days...". Give me about forty years, okay.


On the happier side, Max has finally gotten happy when he's awake! He laughs over everything, especially his dad. We've discovered that he already has a strong affinity for music, and he's reached the point where I can set him down and he'll listen to me practice for half an hour. This is especially helpful with my first symphony concert only a week and a half away. He has also learned to sit up on his own, and he can stand holding onto furniture. What's funny is that, for all his physical prowess, he still has no interest in rolling over. I'm so proud of all his little accomplishments, even if I'm a little sad he's getting big so fast. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment