Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

It was a great day to be me. I have to admit, I wasn't really looking forward to my birthday this year because it seemed like a non-event. Twenty-two isn't exactly a banner year, and we didn't have anything major planned. However, my family really came through and made today great. I hung out with my dad this morning and then my dad, my mom, Max, and I went out to a sushi and Thai place for lunch. I was so excited to find a sushi place all the way out here in Great Falls, and it wasn't half bad. I had pad Thai and a spider roll- my favorite! Later that afternoon, I had my first lesson with a new violin student from our ward, and then we had a picnic out at Giant Springs. The day was topped off by cake at my parents house and then a quick run to the mall where mom bought me a skirt and two new sweaters. I am a lucky girl indeed.

Birthday aside, probably the most rewarding part of my day was starting to teach violin again. Our first symphony rehearsal was on Monday, and it went well. Now I'm excited to slowly build up a studio and get back to doing what I love best, working with kids. The hardest part is always finding students, but I'm just trying to get my name back out there and wait patiently. Hopefully things start happening in the next month.

One last update. For those who haven't heard, Max is deep in the throws of his four month sleep regression. He's waking up between three and seven times a night after having slept through the night for over a month. "This, too, shall pass" has become my mantra.

1 comment: