Monday, July 26, 2010

Old Ball Game

I, admittedly, am not that into sports. If there is a party involved, I'm good to go, but otherwise, eh. However, we have been going to minor league baseball games since I was a kid, and they are my favorite part of summer. Our team is called the Voyagers, and we went and saw them play for the third time this year tonight. So, we're not devoted fans, but we still go a few times a summer. Baseball games are fun for a few reasons:
  • They make the world's best super nachos. And hot dogs. And dill pickle flavored sunflower seeds.
  • It's funny to watch my sports addicted sister get into it. Way, way into it. Last week she was the bat girl and tonight she got to be the guest announcer for an inning. I swear she was switched at birth.
  • Singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame during the 7th inning stretch fulfills my 1950s nostalgic itch.
  • I get to log some good, quality family time.
We got a cute picture of Max with the mascot, Orbit, tonight, but it's stubbornly stuck on my cell phone. I'll have to get another one with Orbit and Max in his Voyagers shirt before the summer is out. I'm sure we'll be back- with the late start to summer this year, we have to squeeze in all the memories we can in a short amount of time. School will be here before we know it along with back to school sales and sweaters. Wait, maybe that doesn't sound so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment