Friday, July 23, 2010

Summertime Slacker

Okay, to all my family that used to check our blog and stopped because I've been lazy, I'm trying to get back to doing it twice a week. Be patient. This has, without doubt, been the craziest month I can remember in a long time. Between projects on the house, family in town, and a dizzying array of playgroups, I've fallen a little behind on everything.

First, the yard is coming along great. Darreck took the chainsaw to almost everything in the front yard, then my dad helped him grind out the stumps- 27 stumps in all! We've also trimmed up all the bushes in the back and planted grass seed in all the bare spots. Now we're just waiting for the grass to grow and thinking up more things to do next year.

Our new ward has also been a fun adjustment this summer. We've met a lot of great people, and we've already been able to attend a potluck and enrichment. Good way to start. I've also been to playgroup, and we're going to a ward camp out next weekend.

As for Max, today is his 14 month birthday, and he's turned into quite the little character over the past year. His newest trick is folding his arms all by himself during prayers. It's way cute! He has also started referring to all animals as "kitty". Every Sunday he tries to sneak into nursery, and he loves being around people his size. He gets along great with almost everyone and is remarkably easy going. Also, he got his first little haircut today, compliments of my dad who said he "looked like a hippie" with hair over his ears. Whatever.

I promise to try and write more- keep checking!

No comments:

Post a Comment