It was a crazy-busy weekend that's going to lead to a crazy-busy week, but some really neat things happened this weekend that I thought I would share.
First of all, we made an agreement with some friends from church to trade babysitting so we could each go to the temple every other month. They have a son that's three weeks younger than Max, and we knew that they would make great playmates. Yesterday was our day to babysit while they went to Billings, and I must admit I was a little worried about it. I wasn't sure how we'd do with two rambunctious toddler boys, but the day went off fabulously. They got along great and kept each other entertained. They even went down for naps and bed at the same time. It couldn't have been better. It just goes to show that when you're making the temple your priority, you will be blessed. Now, I can't wait for our turn to go next month!
Also yesterday, I had the opportunity to attend a training broadcast for the new church policy manual. The manual is amazing; it's really focused on how we can use our callings to strengthen our families. I love how everything in the gospel comes back around to the family. The family is truly the most important unit of society and the only lasting legacy we have after we die. It makes me want to do even better- be a better wife and mother and look for ways in my calling to strengthen the families in my ward. I'm so thankful to have my amazing little family. They are my first priority and my greatest joy. I look forward everyday to be with them forever.
Lastly, today we had ward conference, and the primary presidency had the chance to meet with the stake primary presidency. I'm so grateful for my calling, the other presidency members, and the teachers. Every time I go to church, I feel like I learn so much. I'm surrounded by great examples of patience and faith, and I know that everyone in my life right now is helping me to become a better person. I just hope that, every once and a while, I can provide inspiration to someone around me. Lifting each other is why we attend church, and I, for one, see every day how much my activity in the church blesses everything about my life.
Wow, I wish we could figure out a Temple visit solution like that, but with 2 boys and another on the way I always feel like we are more of a burden than anything. I keep hoping that someday we'll figure it out.
ReplyDeleteOur Stake primary presidency visited our ward yesterday as well, but because I was teaching Sharing Time, I wasn't able to visit with them. I always get so nervous when I have to teach when they come, I could barely focus on keeping the kids focused. I'm such a spaz :)