Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Big Birthday Bash

Today was the big, choo-choo cake day! We had Max's seven best friends over to play, and it was a crazy, loud blast. The original plan was to play with his trains inside for the first part then move outside for cake and going crazy, but wouldn't you know it, it rained- for the second year in a row. Ugh! the day Max was born was amazingly beautiful, but we haven't been able to replicate that since. 
A picture of the famous choo-choo cake, which is all I have heard about for the past week. Every day Max would ask me, very earnestly, "choo-choo cake today?"
I love getting Max balloons, but they didn't last long before being put up. Max was a little rough with them, and with his friends for that matter. The kid really needs to learn to not hit and not throw! Today I'm choosing to blame it on too much stimulation and way too much sugar. 
Blowing out the candles on the cake. Once it was over, Max begged to let him "blow the fire, blow the fire!" again and again. 
Max was turned off by green frosting last year, so of course I had to get it again this year (dumb mom moment). He didn't really eat the cake, but he's had a lot of fun playing with the decorations so far. 
He's such a lucky little guy to have such great friends from church. The kids today were so sweet, especially this little group of boys who played with the trains the entire time. I hope they rub off on him a little :) However, the fun doesn't stop here! We still have a family party tomorrow and his real birthday on Monday, then on Tuesday he's going to the doctor to find out where he is on growth and development. I'm dubbing this the birthday long-weekend because one day isn't good enough for my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment