Sunday, May 15, 2011

Nothing New

I feel bad for not posting in over a week. I know I have faithful grandma readers, and I'm supposed to be keeping this as our family journal. But, literally nothing worth mentioning has happened this week. Sure, we're enjoying the beautiful spring weather, and I could mention that we're sick yet again, but I've been there and talked about all that.

I guess I should just be grateful for the calm and relaxed weeks before summer break. It's nice to be in our "normal" routine without any "abnormal" distractions. I love having Darreck home more in the summer, but right now I'm just basking in the calm and quiet with Max. Max and I are both pretty independent and laid-back when we're home alone. Darreck shakes up our world, in the best of ways, when he's home in the summer. I need it, even if I only can handle it for three months at at time.

Keep checking back, though, for the birthday craziness that's about to ensue this weekend. Max is almost two!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment