I love cleaning; it's therapeutic. However, spring cleaning just doesn't quite do it for me. I prefer spring re-arranging. It seems that between March and May every year I get inexplicably bored with everything we own, but Darreck has leaned that it's cheaper to move it around and make it look new then just buy me new stuff. This year was a double-bonus because I managed to kick him out of our closet entirely and into the guest room. That's right, a walk-in closet all to myself! Yeah! We also moved the bed in our room to make the room look bigger (which we should have done months earlier), and, the piece de resistance, we put Max into a big boy bed!
I'm really happy to report that he's done great with his hand-me-down bed from Aunt Kayla. It's actually been an improvement over the crib because he can get back into the bed himself whereas, with the crib, he would just roam the house until one of us figured out he was up. The crib is still in his room, just in case, but it's going to be hard to say goodbye. We're not saving it, and it seems cold to just throw away such a huge part of his baby-hood. But, such is life and next week it will be gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment