Wow! Three post in one week; that's, like, some kind of new record. However, I had to write something quick for father's day because I've been blessed with wonderful men in my life.
For all those who don't know, my dad and I are exactly alike, both in the good ways and in the bad. We're both very driven and very organized and maybe a teensy, weensy, tiny bit neurotic :) He's the one person who really "gets" me, and he always has. I've always been a daddy's girl and probably always will be.
Next is, of course, my wonderful, loving, slightly crazy, amazing husband, Darreck. Darreck and I, although our world view is very similar, have very different personalities. He's outgoing, uninhibited, and the life of the party. He's very passionate about everything he does, and he's really loud (which is a long-standing joke in our house). He talks a mile-a-minute all the time and can make a joke out of anything. Totally unlike me, but also totally what I need in my life. Darreck is also the world's greatest dad- no, seriously! He really is! I'm such a lucky girl to have him.
Last but not least, every father's day I also spend a lot of time thinking about my Grandpa Jack. He's my mom's dad and, although he passed away when I was eleven, he's still one of the most influential people in my life. I was his princess and there wasn't much he wouldn't do for me. I blame the fact that I'm a spoiled brat directly on him. Everyone else remembers him as this tough, gruff guy, but he was a giant teddy bear to me.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads and all the ladies lucky enough to have great men in their lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment