Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week in Review

It's been a busy first week of summer in our house. Thursday we attended Kayla's sixth grade graduation. At first I was skeptical, really, who needs a sixth grade graduation? But the program was really special to all of them, and it left me really impressed with their school. She even won a presidential educational achievement award, as if we would except anything less. It was also interesting to watch an entire group of sixth graders in the same room at the same time. It's so easy to peg the types- the jock, the smart kids, and the little twits who will turn into the mean girls next year. I had a really great childhood, but I still wouldn't wish middle school on my worst enemy. I feel more than a little bad for my sister next year. That's why we brought her flowers :)
Thursday night we celebrated Tim's birthday, which actually isn't until June 10th. Unfortunately, he's going to be gone a lot for work up until the real day, but it's the big 5-0 and we had to celebrate. 

 Saturday Kayla, mom, Max, and I went to drop Kayla off at 4H camp. It brought back a lot of very fond memories from my years in 4H. I made some of my best friends through that organization, and camp was one of the highlights of my year. It's still held in the same place, so I got to walk back through my old cabins and catch up with some of the same adults who ran it back in my day. Just another of the advantages of returning  home!

No comments:

Post a Comment