Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Sad Goodbye

For the past year (or so) we've been babysitting six (or so) hours a week for a family in our ward. They have two little girls, one a year older than Max and one a year younger. We've had a great time with them, and Max especially has really enjoyed having someone his size to play with on a regular basis. However, today was the last day we got to spend with them before they move to Ohio for their dad to pursue even more school (he's already a dentist). It was sad saying goodbye, but we made a lot of fun memories over the past year.

However, now I need to find another way to get Max some little playmates. He's reached that magical age where hitting becomes commonplace and "mine" is his favorite word. His nursery leaders say he's only aggressive when provoked, but they're also really nice women who know I can be a little protective. I know he's doing the normal toddler thing, but having playmates this past year has helped his social awareness, and I want him to keep it up. So, now I have to actively look for friends for him, and that just seems like a lot of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment