Friday, September 9, 2011

Going Home

Tonight I went to my first Bison football game since graduation. It was extremely fun, and, in its own way, a little sad. I loved high school; I can honestly say that. However, it's hard to look back without wondering how different high school would have been knowing what I know now. Here's my list of things I would change if I could magically go back knowing what I do know:

(One little note first, I would only go back if I could take my clear skin, better hair, and car with me :)


  • I would loosen up and have a lot more fun. I would know that this is then only time in my life with no major responsibilities and a car. This was wasted on me when I was 17.
  • I would take more risks in school. Not sure I'll get an A in AP Chem? So what, it's still worth the college credit, and I didn't end up going to BYU anyways. 
  • I would be way, way, WAY less timid around boys. I won't see most of them ever again anyways. May as well go for it.
  • On the same note, seminary be damned, I would spend more time on my hair and makeup. Shallow, but as a little less idealistic adult, I realize now how important it really is. 
  • I would be a little nicer to my parents. But only just a little :)
My redeeming grace will be Max (isn't that what all parents think). Hopefully I can steer him a little more, assuming he'll listen to me more than I listened to my parents. Doubtful, but a nice thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment