I had a beautiful day today at the Cardston Temple. I got to go with a great group of Relief Society sisters, and we had a blast on the drive to and from. The group of women I went with are so inspiring. I couldn't ask for a better group of mentors.
While it was a wonderful opportunity to go back to Cardston, it was hard being there without Darreck. He had to stay behind and work, and it was sad to not have him there, especially because it was the first time I've been back to Cardston since we got married. It really drove home how heartbreaking it would be to have him without me for eternity. I was thankful for the chance to go, but I'm looking forward to bringing Darreck along next time. I need him there- he calms me down, makes me more brave, and can always get me to smile. That really is the purpose of the temple; uniting families for eternity. I'm more thankful for my eternal family than I could ever express.
No comments:
Post a Comment