Sunday, September 18, 2011

Heather's Birthday Weekend

Yeah for another birthday! Not to sound conceited, but my birthday is by far my favorite day of the year. Let me clarify, I love my birthday best because it's my day, but I think everyone should be entitled to one day a year that's just for them. I believe in going all out for birthdays! (Just ask Darreck, I usually start planning Max's in February).

Anyways, my actually birthday, Friday, was uneventful. Mom and dad took us out to El Commodore and got me cake. I also got some great presents, but Saturday was the fun day. Darreck took me on the annual Parade of Homes (a birthday tradition since I was a teen) and then we went out to dinner. It was a great way to enjoy Darreck's weekend off. Gotta say, I love, love, love the Parade of Homes. Most people get depressed looking at homes they can't ever afford, but I've always been into houses and floor plans and decorating. It was sweet of Darreck to get us the ticket- he always knows just what to do for my birthday to make it special.

Now the fall rush begins- mom's birthday, Thanksgiving, dad's birthday, the Christmas. It makes all the cold weather worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment