Wednesday, May 9, 2012

While You Were Away

My parents just returned from a 12 day dream cruise that originated in Rome and took them through the Italian coast, Turkey, and Greece. Rough life, huh. I would say I'm jealous, but in reality it was very well deserved. They've worked hard for what they now enjoy, and I hope that when Darreck and I are as old as dirt (like they are) that we'll get some pretty sweet trips, too! Kayla stayed with us while they were away, and we had a surprisingly pleasant time. Despite getting in one small argument over something she said to a teacher (that was wildly inappropriate, might I add), she was perfectly helpful. Except that she can't vacuum. At all. In the least.

The only majorly important thing mom and dad missed was Kayla's induction into the National Junior Honor Society. It was long and boring, but it was important to her. Max was even pretty good during the ceremony, but I still think I lacked the proper enthusiasm that a real parent would have displayed. At least we all got to go out to Dairy Queen afterwards.

The other highlight to the trip was the souvenirs, duh. Mom and dad always bring back pretty cool swag. The prized item this time around was an authentic, miniaturization of a soccer uniform from Italy for Max. I think he's going to ask to be buried in it- that's the only situation where I can see getting it off his cute little body. Good thing he's such a good sweet talker; he convinced me to let him sleep in it tonight.




It's nice to have my parents home, and it'll be even nicer when Grandma Great gets home in a few weeks. As for me, as much as I would love a vacation, I'm not allowed to travel more than 100 miles away from home after June 1st. So, we'll be staying close to home this summer :(

No comments:

Post a Comment