It has come again! My birthday is here, and this year I'm officially closer to 30 than I am to 20. Yikes! Lucky for me, my boys made sure I had a great weekend, not just one day. Friday night I had a girl's night here at the house. The two big boys were supposed to go camping, but they got a flat tire and ended up camping in the backyard. Well, they made it until eleven when Darreck brought Max in because there was no way he was going to sleep. The girls were great, and it was so nice to talk to adults for awhile.
Yesterday we went around furniture stores, went on a walk, went out to dinner at Taco Del Sol (fish tacos, yum!), and then out to frozen yogurt. Basically everything I love to do on a Saturday. It was awesome, and I'm so lucky the boys obliged my every whim.
Today, my actual birthday, we went to church this morning, for a walk this afternoon, and over to my parents' this evening. Mom made me shrimp alfredo with breadsticks and a chocolate cake. I got a journal and movie from my boys and my parents bought me some really fun cooking and baking supplies. Grandma got me towels and Kayla got me a figurine of a mother with two boys. All very, very, very thoughtful!
This has been a great, very rewarding year, and I'm looking forward to the year in front of me. I'm so lucky I got to have such a great birthday weekend!
Awful picture of me. I beg of you to pleeeeaaase get rid of it. Happy Birthday anyway.
ReplyDelete~Thing 2~