Thursday, September 6, 2012

Living at the Clinic

Lately I feel like I've been living at the clinic- no really, it's gotten so bad that the receptionist knows me by name. First it was just a checkup, then the circumcision, then a going in to talk about reflux, and I was back today for a follow up on the reflux. Luke has been doing much better since he started his medicine, but he needed a little dosage adjustment today. I wouldn't mind going in for just him but next week I see my doctor, the next week we all see the dentist, the week after that we have our annual health screening, then the week after that Luke has his 2 month well check. It's never ending.

On the upside, I'm profoundly grateful for our insurance. Not that Luke was cheap, by any means, but it could have been a lot worse. I'm grateful that we can go see the doctor when we need to without worrying about how to pay for it. I know that's a comfort that lots of parents don't have, and that, to me, seems entirely wrong. I love all three of my boys, and I'm mostly grateful that they are healthy and usually happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment