Friday, August 31, 2012

Brightening My Day

A really, really cool thing happened yesterday after some really, really not so fun things. I finally took Luke to the doctor to get his reflux checked out. He was spitting up profusely and crying for about 30 minutes after every feeding. I knew the signs well enough from Max~ Luke definitely has reflux~ and it was finally bad enough to warrant medicine. I hate putting my kids on meds, I really do. But, off to the doctor we went and then to the pharmacy where, surprise surprise, I found out that Luke never got added to our prescription insurance. I immediately freaked out, thinking that we had missed the deadline to enroll him. I quickly found out that we were still fine, but I was still feeling a little frazzled from the whole ordeal. Then it happened...

I went home and found a nice note and a package of double-stuffed Oreos at our front door. Our home teachers had dropped them off earlier, not knowing anything about my lousy afternoon and evening. It was such a small thing, but it made me smile. It also was comforting to realize how well cared for we really are. In short, it pretty much made my day :)

As an aside, Luke weighed in at 9 pounds 15 ounces at 1 month and 1 day. That's up over 2 pounds from his 2 week checkup. Guess that growth spurt last week really did some good!

No comments:

Post a Comment