Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Max's 4th Birthday Party

We're in full-on celebration mode around here! Today we held Max's fourth birthday party, and it was a zoo :) He only had four of his little friends over, but man can those four little boys make a ton of noise! They literally ran circles around the house, chasing each other the entire time. The theme for the party was Star Wars, which Max has latched onto with full force. I'm not quite sure where he gets his obsessions from, but he never does anything half-way. We had a Star Wars cake and Star Wars balloons and Star Wars decorations and almost all of his presents were Star Wars themed. It's the go big or go home mentality of party themes :)

I love throwing parties for all three of my boys. I was talking to a friend today and it hit me that, while I may not remember any of the presents from my childhood birthdays, I certainly do remember the parties and how we celebrated. I want my kids to have a visual reminder of how much they are loved on their special day.

Now for the Max update! He's crazy busy and talks a million miles a minute, all the time. Seriously, the kid could talk to a tree if there weren't any people around to listen to his stories. He is also 100% boy! Max loves sports, superheroes, and Star Wars. He plays with his train set and tractors most of the time, but now that the weather is warming up he's gotten back into baseball. He doesn't nap, and he's always up at the crack of dawn, afraid he missed something by sleeping. Max can also be strong willed and has a stubborn streak a mile long. He does not know the meaning of the words "be quiet". He can also be incredibly sweet and loving, and he's a wonderful big brother. I don't put much stock in astrology, but I must admit that Max is the quintessential Gemini- he's either the sweetest, most tender-hearted boy alive, or he's pulling your hair and screaming his head off. You just never know what you're going to get!

We love our Monster Max and are so thankful he's with us every day to keep our lives full of adventure!












No comments:

Post a Comment