It seems like every time we get Luke into a semi-decent sleeping pattern, he goes through another baby milestone. Lately, that milestone has been teething! He's gotten four teeth in the past two weeks, with two more teeth coming very, very soon. I feel so sorry for the poor little guy, but I also have to admit that I feel a little bit sorry for myself. After almost ten solid months of waking up at least three times every night, I've kind of had it. Sleep deprivation should not have to be a way of life. Good thing the kid is cute!
In other icky kid news, I have decided that Sunbeams are disgusting :) I was teaching today and was sneezed on, coughed on, and had one kid put a small toy up his nose. They eat like little barbarians, too. Really, if you stop and think about it, kids are repelling little creatures, all full of snot and slime. However, all that being said, I love my little band of barbarians! They're cute and frustrating and endearing and maddening all at the same time. None more so than my little Monster Max, who really lived up to his moniker today. I had to send him to the corner during class today, and when he thought I wasn't looking, he would stick his tongue out at me. Gotta love the respect!
I also had the chance to do some rescue visits with our Relief Society president this afternoon. The purpose of rescue visits is to check on members of our ward family who are not currently attending and assess their needs. We met some wonderful women, truly our sisters in the gospel, and it was such an honor for them to let me into their lives for a brief time. I know that our Heavenly Father knows and loves all of his children, regardless of religious affiliation or activity. We are all so precious in His sight, and I hope that I can impart that precious truth throughout my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment