We celebrated my birthday this weekend, but I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. It was pretty low-key, but that was a good thing this year.
I usually get crazy excited about birthdays, especially my own, but this year it felt a little anti-climatic. I hope I'm not getting to that age where birthdays get less and less exciting. Major bummer!
We spent Saturday hanging out as a family, then my parents watched the boys so Darreck and I could go out to dinner. We tried out a new Japanese restaurant, and it was super good! I love my yearly sushi- I just wish we got to do it a little more often.
Sunday was church and dinner at my parents' house. My mom bugged me for weeks to pick out what I wanted for dinnner, but I never did think of anything. Apparently it's not just my birthdays that are getting less exciting. Now I can't even think of a favorite food! I've got to muster up some enthusiasm. I did, however, pick out dessert then pig out on it. We had cheesecake, but I was the only one really excited about it. Oh well, my birthday, not their's!
Monday we spent the morning as a family, but then I had to teach lessons and I started a new yoga class. I've felt unusually stressed out lately, so yoga felt great. It was nice to have time set aside to do nothing but relax and meditate. The class lasts for six weeks, and I'm going to savor every minute of it.
My big birthday present from the boys was the camera I got a few weeks ago, but I got a poster from my grandma, a gift card from my sister, and new scriptures from my parents. Pretty much exactly what I wanted! I'm a happy girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment