We've been getting back into the swing of things around here. Darreck is back to work, doing his normal schedule, and I'm busy teaching violin and piano three days a week. As much as I LOVE summer, it feels good to be in a more normal routine. The house is cleaner, we're eating better, and I've been able to get more projects done.
I've also taken the time this week to fully wean Luke from breastfeeding. This is such a bittersweet process for me. On the one hand, I love having my body back all to myself for the time being. However, it also means that my baby is no longer dependent on me and me alone. I love that others can care for him now so I have more freedom, but it's just one more milestone that means he's growing up. I'm not sure why that's such a sad thought, but babies are just so dang cute! And they certainly don't stay babies for long.
Also, today is an exciting day for Grandma Necia (Grandma-Great to the boys). She's moving into her new house today! She purchased a house we had originally looked at back in May, and she's spent the summer having the entire first floor remodeled. She replaced all the flooring, put in a new kitchen and bathroom, and painted everything. I know my parents will miss having her with them, but I also know she'll love her new space. The house turned out beautifully, and we're all really happy for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment