Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Day of Preschool

Max started preschool today at the Ursuline Center. He's in the afternoon class Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and his teacher is Mrs. Schoenen. He was excited to go, and we even took him to do some back to school shopping this morning. It was my way of creating normal out of what has been a crazy week. We didn't know he'd be starting school until yesterday because our information got lost in the mail, which also meant we missed back to school night. Utter craziness! I hate feeling like we're starting already behind, but I also think the way we did it has a silver lining- less time to get nervous.

Max, while boisterous at home, gets pretty shy in new situations. He likes to hang back and see what's expected of him before jumping into new things. When we took him today, he stood at the back of the line and didn't say much. I wouldn't say he was nervous as much as he was observant. He wanted to know the proper way to act in this new situation; he's a lot like me in that way. I'm sure by next week he'll be his normal, crazy self.

For his first day he had to bring in a poster that was all about him, and I wanted to share his responses:

  • Favorite color: Blue
  • Favorite food: Macaroni and Cheese (which he always says, even though he never wants it!)
  • Favorite book: Harry Potter (he's reading the first book with Darreck before bed each night)
  • What I want to be when I grow up: A Real Pirate (as opposed to a fake one...)
The answers were truthful and very much Max. By the way, his alternate choice for profession was Real Race Car Driver, again with the "real" part. The kid seems very afraid of being a fake anything. I'm still pulling for pirate, though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment