Today is Darreck's second day back at work, and we're adjusting pretty well so far. This was Darreck's first year not working a consistent summer job, so it's going to take some time to get back into a good routine. We've loved having him home this summer! I feel like this year we really attacked the summer head-on and made some amazing memories. The boys were the perfect age to go on some trips and do more than our fair share of hiking. Sometimes I feel like we'll live in little kid land forever, but summers like this one remind me that someday the babies will be big kids and these little outings will get easier and easier. The downside, however, is that we won't have babies to cuddle anymore! Double edged sword...
Now we're trying hard to establish some sense of normal again. We're getting the boys back into a good routine and gearing up for Max to start preschool. I've also spent the week contacting my music students while preparing to move my studio downstairs. I figured it was time to let the boys have a little more free reign over the house once again. I lost my original studio when Luke was born, so I'm excited to have my own space again. For the first time in many years, we're all looking forward to fall and cooler weather. Bring on the birthdays and Halloween and the holiday season! We're ready for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment