Friday, August 23, 2013

Darreck's Birthday

This is the first day I have spent alone with the boys in, well, it feels like forever. We're doing triage on the house and trying to catch up on the million little things that have been neglected in the summer craziness. First up is blogging about Darreck's birthday, which was Wednesday.

Unfortunately, Darreck had to work on his birthday, but we tried to make up for it in the evening. We ate pizza with my family, had the traditional doughnut cake, then went to a Voyager's baseball game. The theme of his birthday this year was something like "All Things Manly". I spent the day painting and redecorating his man cave for him. I've been surreptitiously trying to get him to pick a color for months, and the only thing I ever got out of him was orange. So, I painted the room orange, but it looked close to the red-based brown and he couldn't even tell when he first walked in. Talk about a lot of work for minimal outcome! Oh well, he was still happy with the thoughtfulness and the way it turned out.

Yesterday, Thursday, we went to his family's house for a barbecue and ice cream cake to celebrate Darreck and Bryan's birthday. We bought Bryan a blowgun, which I'm still a little nervous about :) It was fun to take two days to celebrate the wonderful leader of our household. We're o lucky to have such a wonderful, thoughtful, caring, and kind daddy and husband. Here's to hoping that 28 is his best year yet!




And one more little gem I found on the camera from a few weeks ago. One of the rare baths around here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment