Friday, August 9, 2013

Rainy Week in Review

We had such high hopes for last week. We've been enjoying our summer so much, and we were looking to make the most of every last minute. However, the weather did not cooperate last week! We were supposed to go to a baseball game and got rained out and then the stake pool party got cancelled due to a thunderstorm. It made me a little sad, but August always seems like the transition month, and I'm looking forward to fall this year. Max will be starting preschool, and it will be nice getting back into a routine. Besides, this week I have a summer cold (which is completely unfair) and Darreck had a dentist appointment. We're taking things pretty slowly.

In other news, Luke has been kind of funny since his birthday. Normally birthdays don't make much of a difference. Kids don't generally wake up after their birthdays acting much different than they did the day before. Unless, of course, it's Luke! He woke up the day after his birthday refusing to take his morning nap and sleeping through the night for the first time in his little life. It was like, "I smashed the cake, opened the presents, and now I'm big!" It has been a night and day difference since his birthday. What a little monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment